2018-19 Parent Survey Results
CCSD59 would like to sincerely thank the 1,414 parents and guardians who participated in our Fall 2018 Parent Survey. This honest, in-depth feedback is invaluable to our process as we continue to refine, improve, and expand upon all our students’ learning experiences. The results tell us what we’re doing right and what we can do better as a district, what you find most valuable for your child’s learning experience, and what our district looks like through the eyes of our families. We appreciate everything you took the time to tell us and would like to reiterate that your voices were heard.
We are very proud of the positive survey results and what they reflect for the experiences our students are having in our schools. Here are a few numerical highlights that were particularly meaningful to us:
- 92.55% of parents agreed their child enjoys going to school in CCSD59
- 92.90% of parents agreed our schools care about their child’s success
- 87.93% of parents were satisfied with their child’s school
- 91.43% of parents feel welcomed by their child’s school
We were also pleased to see that our district’s goals for students aligned very closely with parents’ goals for what they want for their children. This is particularly true in areas where we are already increasing our attention and resources. For example, parents rated the below features as either highly important or important to their child’s learning experience, and these are areas of increasing focus for us as well:
- 96.56% – preparing students to be successful for life
- 95.08% – 21st century skills (collaboration, creativity, critical thinking,
- and communication)
- 92.22% – students pursuing their passions and interests
- 94.54% – social emotional learning
As another example, parents also rated the following characteristics as highly important or important in order to determine the quality of a school, which continue to be areas of significant emphasis at CCSD59:
- 98.53% – Positive Student and Staff Relationships
- 98.32% – Knowledge and skills of teachers
- 97.73% – Student Safety
- 96.65%– Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Emphasis
- 97.33% – Student engagement in school
Finally, we understand the importance of hearing and evaluating critical feedback and recognizing areas of growth and development. We appreciate the honest and diverse opinions of all of our parents.
Our mission statement in CCSD59 is to prepare our students to be successful for life. It is a tremendous goal and one we truly take to heart for every single student. With your help, we now have a stronger understanding of how to best partner with you so that together we can help prepare students for success now and in the future. Thank you.
To view the results of the parent survey, please click on the link below.